The Louisville Metro Council’s Democratic Caucus will name a new director soon.
The Personnel Committee will interview five candidates tomorrow (Wednesday), and could choose a director shortly afterward. The new director will replace Kenya McGruder who was fired effective December 31st.
Personnel Committee chair Marianne Butler says McGruder’s firing will not have a bearing on the committee’s choice of a new director.
“We’re just looking to start this decade off with a new step and to move forward,” she says.
The candidates largely come from political backgrounds. The new director will be the caucus’s fourth since the 2003 merger. The finalists are…
- Elizabeth Kinney Hoffman – Department of Neighborhoods
- Tony Hyatt – Current caucus spokesperson
- Deborah Kent – Vice President of the League of Women Voters
- Nilaja Meeks – Former Metro Government employee, current state government employee.
- Gail Logan Strange – Urban Insight Agency