Conrad Addresses Occupy Louisville, Gang Activity and Community Policing

by admin on April 11, 2012

Louisville Metro Police Chief Steve Conrad says his officers are prepared to deal with any possible situation that may arise in connection with the Occupy Louisville protesters.

Last week, Mayor Greg Fischer ordered Occupy demonstrators to abandon their downtown encampment by April 13. Since last fall, dozens of activists have occupied a tent city and used a small park as a center of operations.

During a live interview, Conrad told WFPL if protesters refuse to leave then police are prepared to deal with the situation.

“We have developed a number of different contingency plans. I’ve read the same comments that we all have in the paper of plans of the people who are camping there now without a permit. Some have indicated an interest in moving and some have interest in being arrested. We’re going to be in a position to deal with whatever might come along,” he says.

For the full interview with the chief, including his thoughts about gang activity in Louisville, listen below.

Audio MP3

Comments Closed

Previous post:

Next post: