The Ohio River Valley Water Sanitation Commission and Louisville’s Metropolitan Sewer District are coordinating a cleanup along the banks of the Ohio River tomorrow.
Volunteers from six states will pick up trash and debris along 1,800 miles of riverbank. In the Louisville Metro Area, volunteers will gather at six locations including:
1. Hayes Kennedy Park (Public, not manned, supplies should be picked up at Juniper Beach area)
2. Juniper Beach Area (Public), Lime Kiln Lane at River Road (Fire Station)
3. Cox Park (Public)
4. Eva Bandman Park (Public)
5. Shawnee Park (Public)–Riverwalk entrance at the Ball Field Parking lot
6. Riverview Park (Public)–Greenwood Road and Cane Run Road
Volunteers can contact Becky Bennett at 540-6552.