Louisville Mayor Greg Fischer has launched a review of the city’s Planning and Design Services department.
Fischer previously announced audits of Public Works and Animal Services, and he’s planning a review of the economic development department. The mayor says he wants each department to be a model for other cities.
The Planning and Design Services department works on zoning and landmarks, among other issues. The review will look at how the department can better serve developers and neighborhoods. It will be led by an eight person panel that includes representatives from the mayor’s office, the state resource council, home builders and preservation groups.
- Bill Bardenwerper, Attorney
- Tommy Clark, Office of the Mayor
- Tom Fitzgerald, Kentucky Resource Council
- Gabe Fritz, The Housing Partnership
- Chuck Kavanaugh, Home Builders Association
- Gale Lively, Louisville Apartment Association
- Jim Mims, Director, Inspections, Metro Codes and Regulations
- Steve Porter, Attorney