Tomorrow marks the start of a new seminar series conducted by the Louisville Air Pollution Control District.
Spokesperson Matt Stull says it’s a new effort by the agency to involve the public in air quality improvement efforts.
He says the first one is tomorrow and it’s titled “Air Quality 101”.
“Things have changed pretty drastically on a federal level over the last few months, and Louisville is going to be facing some significant challenges when it comes to federal standards,” says Stull, “and that means coming up with some innovative-type strategies to meet those air quality standards.”
Other seminars will cover topics like commercial and residential energy efficiency, and air monitoring.
Complete List of Seminars
* all are located in the APCD Board Room, 850 Barret Ave, first floor
- Tuesday, March 30th – Air Quality 101 – 9am and 5:30pm
- Tuesday, May 25th – Managing Budlings and Grounds for Air Quality – 9am
- and Lawn Care for Cleaner Air – 5:30pm
- Tuesday, June 29th – Idle Reduction Tool Kit: Turn the Key for Cleaner Fleets – 9am
- and You and Your Car: The Key to Cleaner Air and Greater Fuel Efficiency – 5:30pm
- Tuesday, July 27th – Commercial Energy Efficiency – 9am and Residential Energy Efficiency – 5:30pm
- Tuesday, August 31st – It All Adds Up: A Guide to Air Monitoring – 9am and 5:30pm
- Tuesday, September 28th – State of the Air – 9am and 5:30pm