Flood Assistance Sought Again For Southern Indiana

by Rick Howlett on September 29, 2009

The Indiana Department of Homeland Security wants to hear from southern and central Indiana residents who sustained damage to homes or businesses from flooding and other severe weather in early August and haven’t reported it to the government.

Spokesperson Rachel Meyer says the state is trying for a second time to become eligible for federal assistance.

“We requested a disaster declaration and we were denied last Thursday, so what we’re trying to do right now is get additional damage reports from those who have not reported previously, or reported previously but then realized they had additional damage,” Meyer said.

Meyer says the agency is trying to obtain a disaster declaration for Floyd, Clark, Brown, Franklin, Jackson, Jennings, Ripley, Marion and Rush counties.

Those who sustained damage should contact the Indiana Department of Homeland Security at 866-210-1925 or online.

The deadline to report the damage is 5:00pm Wednesday.

Comments Closed

Comments on this entry are closed.

Previous post:

Next post: