Pullen Says Debris Pickup Is On Schedule

by Gabe Bullard on March 23, 2009

Louisville Metro Director of Public Works Ted Pullen says debris pickup from the January ice storm should be complete by the end of next month.

Debris collection began in February with crews following the reverse order of last year’s windstorm cleanup. Aside from one deviation, Pullen says the crews have been following that pattern.

Twenty four city crews are now on the job, and workers have been spread out to cover multiple areas simultaneously. There will soon be additional crews of private contractors collecting debris in unincorporated areas.

Pullen says everything should be picked up by late April, with public routes being cleared first.

“The last things that’ll be done are the private roads because for us to do that we have to get waivers from either the condo associations or, if it’s a group of people, from all the people living on that road before we can go on that road,” he says.

Most of the costs of the debris pickup will be covered by the Federal Emergency Management Agency.

Comments Closed

Comments on this entry are closed.

Previous post:

Next post: