Three Dead From CO Exposure, City Stresses Generator Safety

by Gabe Bullard on January 30, 2009

A West Louisville family of three is dead following suspected carbon monoxide exposure. The family did not have power and was running a generator in their garage.

EMS Director Neal Richmond says carbon monoxide poisoning can come from even slight exposure to generators near windows or in sealed areas.

“Someone has a generator either out in the garage or in a mud room or something and they go out there to refuel it very briefly and the next thing they’re either very symptomatic, very sick, or in this case they happen to be dead,” says Richmond.

Metro Government is planning to distribute fliers through retailers and letter-carries alerting residents to the dangers of improper generator use.

Comments Closed

Comments on this entry are closed.

Previous post:

Next post: