HomeGrown this week looks at how one man can make a horticultural difference, and how huge lobby groups can make enormous differences, but not necessarily for the better. Louisvillian Mike Hayman tells the story of what’s been accomplished over a dozen years on the grounds at Whitehall, one of the city’s historic estates, and author Daniel Imhoff talks about his book, “Food Fight,” which explains our government farm bill and how it shapes our food system, our economy, and our future.
Find out more:
- Whitehall House & Gardens
- “Food Fight” by Daniel Imhoff
- USDA pages on Farm Bill
- Dan Imhoff article in the Los Angeles Times
- “Paper or Plastic” by Daniel Imhoff
- Dan Imhoff on NPR’s Talk of the Nation