Wednesday, September 17, 2008
Homeschooling in Kentucky
We hear a lot about how the public school system is failing children and how there’s more focus on testing and receiving funding than on education. Homeschooling in Kentucky is growing in popularity. Parents homeschool for a variety of reasons whether it be freedom to teach what they want, religious reasons, or even out of safety concerns. Join us as we discuss why parents homeschool, the regulations (or lack thereof) concerning homeschooling, and the pros and cons of teaching your children at home.
- Homeschooling Isn’t New: A Brief History of Education
- Kentucky Department of Education:Homeschooling
- Kentucky Home Education Association
- Kentucky State Laws on Homeschooling
- Support Groups for Homeschooling
Looking for an older episode? Browse the State of Affairs Audio Archive.