Bugs come under the microscope this week on HomeGrown — as pests, large art, and an educational possibility. Dave “The Bug Doctor” Shetlar of Ohio State University brings listeners up to speed on new, safer pesticides waiting in the wings to replace the old standbys that are being phased out. Plus, a look at the Western Kentucky Botanical Garden in Owensboro, and the fantastic big bug sculptures of David Rogers currently showcased there.
Find out more:
- Dave “The Bug Doctor” Shetlar
- FDA resources on pesticides
- Friendly pesticides for the home garden
- Reducing pesticide use in the home garden
- Western Kentucky Botanical Garden
- Big bug sculptures of David Rogers