Monday, August 4, 2008
Do Looks Matter?
It’s bad enough that beautiful people get more dates than average-looking people. Research has now shown that they also make more money, get more job offers, are less likely to be called out on bad behavior, and even get more parental attention as kids than their average-looking siblings! On the other hand, attractiveness can actually keep women from being taken seriously at work – and studies show that hotties of both genders aren’t as confident or happy as we might expect. Join us this Monday when we talk about how physical attractiveness affects the way we are treated by the world – and each other. Today’s show is an archive edition, so we won’t be taking calls.
- The Ugly Truth about Beauty: Like It or ot, Looks Do Matter
- The Politics of Appearance
- Power of Attraction Still Rules in Workplace
- Do Attractive People Get Better Treatment than Others?
- The Pedestal Crumbles: Beautiful People Are Not What We Think
Looking for an older episode? Browse the State of Affairs Audio Archive.