HomeGrown hits the ground running this week with a combination of local beef and ground cover stories. Dan Weintraub from Sherwood Acres Beef raises Belted Galloways on pastures in Oldham and Henry Counties, along with partner Jon Bednarski; he talks about the joys and challenges of being a small, local, independent producer, and what makes Belties so special. Author Barbara Ellis has a long list of ideas for flowers, shrubs, vines, and small trees that will solve problems in the dry, shady areas under large tree canopies.
- Sherwood Acres Beef
- The Belted Galloway Society
- Belted Galloway Cattle Info
- Barbara Ellis bio and select books
- Review of “Covering Ground” by Barbara Ellis
- Plant a shade garden under a tree